Core Classroom Services (Promotion or Prevention)
- Jana A. Freer, Director,
ECCP®'s Core Classroom service is focused specifically on one teacher/classroom that may be in the need of classroom-wide social, emotional or behavioral supports or overall classroom enhancement. The service is geared toward the teacher(s) or childcare provider(s) and is intended to build their capacity in order to better meet the needs of their classroom as a whole. This is done through classroom-wide behavioral and social emotional strategies, environmental enhancement and relationship building.
Who Can Make a Referral?
Referrals for Core Classroom services are made primarily by the center director or manager.
Reasons to Refer
Teachers interested in obtaining support for behavior management in the classroom, improving the social and emotional tone of the classroom, enhancing partnerships between and among teachers, parents and administrators, and obtaining hands on practical strategies to support the social and emotional needs of the children in their care.
Length of Service
- Dorothy Heneghan, Director,
Pat-A-Cake Playschool, Inc. Greenwich, CT
- Weekly for 12 weeks
- Teaming between Teacher(s) and Director
- Pre and Post Classroom Observation
- Classroom Action Plan (Classroom/teacher strengths and strategies)
- Ongoing Staff Support/Consultation
- One Center-Wide Social Emotional Training
- Director Support.
- Follow Up
- Includes up to 2 Child-Specific Services