Tips for Tots: The Classroom Environment
The Early Childhood Consultation Partnership (ECCP®) has developed several series of one-page resources called Tips for Tots.
The Classroom Environment series focuses upon social emotional and behavioral topics that can support early care and education providers in their work with young children ages birth through five, by addressing the overall classroom environment. Each tip sheet describes education around developmental norms and recommended techniques enhance the overall social-emotional environment within infant/toddler and preschool classrooms. A variety of practical strategies and additional resources for working with both age groups is also provided. These strategies can by utilized by teachers, assistant teachers and directors to ensure consistency for young children in their care.
Classroom Environment Topics Include:
- Creating a Quiet Space
- Supporting Children with Transitions
- Helping Children Manage Their Behavior through Time-In
- Encouraging Social Development Through Circle Time
- Managing Ratios through Supportive Relationships
- Special Topic: Supporting Children in the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Special Topic: Supporting Young Children Through a School Tragedy
For more information about the Tips for Tots series or the Early Childhood Consultation Partnership (ECCP®) services, please contact ECCP® at (860) 704-6378. ECCP® is a statewide early childhood mental health consultation program that is offered at no cost to families, providers and early care and education providers. ECCP® is funded by the Department of Children and Families and is managed by Advanced Behavioral Health Inc.